Chrome often displays this error instead of loading websites. It is typically resolved by clicking refresh once or twice, but should not be occurring at all. I would add 5 seconds to my connection timeout settings, except this setting doesn’t appear to exist.
Check anti-virus setting
(for bitdefender user)
try check your bitdefender setting
change the setting, switch UI to expert mode
- look for – c:\documents and settings\…..\local settings\application data\google\chrome\application\chrome.exe, double click
- the configuration will pop beneath it, double click
- look for ACTION, change it to ALLOW.
- Open then Google Chrome
- Go to Wrench icon
- Click on Options
- Go to Under the hood tab
- Click on Change Proxy Settings
- Uncheck “automatic delete settings” under lan